Friday, November 20, 2009

A Love-ly Night..

(This is the last part of the short story series. I would like to thank my friend, Tarun Bansal for providing me the plot for this part. Please read the 1st, 2nd and the 3rd part also)

Part 1 - Lonely Night

Part 2 - The Accident

Part 3 - The Siamese

________________________________________________________

“Remember me?” spoke Janavi’s lover.

Anusha recovered from her mini shock and replied “Ya.. I am good. How come here?”

Janavi’s lover looked at Janavi and spoke “I came to see my sweetheart!!”

Anusha could see her sister’s eyes light up. She gently moved forward asking her sister to come out and closed the door.

Janavi’s lover was a little surprised and spoke “Are you going somewhere?”

“Ya.. My husband has met with an accident.. Both of us are going to meet him in the hospital”

Janavi’s lover became little concerned. “Can I come with you?”

Anusha looked at Janavi. She could see her sister’s eyes pleading for the permission to take her guy along with them.

She smiled at her sister and turned to Janavi’s lover “Ya.. You can come”


“She is back..Your wife” the nurse spoke as she exited from room 302. “Don’t try too hard with that.. be careful”

Anusha asked her sister and her lover to stand outside the room. Anusha entered the room and was pleasently surprised to see her husband standing up on a crutch. He is getting better now.. I hope he is not much shocked to see Janavi..

“Come in Janavi..” spoke Anusha. As Janavi entered the room, Rajeev looked at her and screamed “Ya..Yamini..” and fell to the floor. Anusha quickly grabbed him and balanced his hand on her shoulder.

Janavi’s lover came into the room hearing the noise. Rajeev looked at him and his face went pale. He passed out!!

“Move away everyone” ordered the nurse as she checked his pulse and sprinkled some water on the patient’s face. “Low on energy.. ” she declared. The nurse looked at Anusha and advised her “Give him some good food and water. He will be alright”

Anusha nodded her head. Rajeev looked around. He still could not believe his eyes.

As soon as the nurse left the room, Anusha went near her husband spoke gently to him. “She is Yamini’s twin sister. She is my sister too. You did not see her during our marriage”

Rajeev was more interested in Janavi lover. Why is he surprised to see her lover? thought Anusha.

“Machi.. How are you da?” spoke Janavi’s lover to Rajeev.

“Where were you so long? No calls.. No mails..” replied Rajeev.

Anusha was totally confused. “Do you guys know each other?”

“He is my best friend.. Vignesh”

Anusha and Janavi were shocked!! What a coincidence..

“How come you both together?”

“That’s a very long story.. You get well.. I will tell you later.”


The next day Rajeev got discharged and Anusha, Janavi and Vignesh accompanied him to their home. They all sat together in the main hall. Rajeev was still confused and wanted to hear the full story from Vignesh.

As they sat on the sofa.. Rajeev could not take his eyes off Janavi. It’s like Yamani sitting alive in front of me.. I loved her so much.. his thoughts recollected to the last few minutes of that horrible accident. He closed his eyes and lay back.

“Coffee..” his thoughts were interrupted by Anusha’s voice. As he took the cup of coffee from Anusha, Vignesh spoke “You ok machi?”

“I am ok da.. Where were you machi? What happened to you after college?”

“You remember that after Yamani’s death all of us were shocked. None of us could come back to our normal life. Then both of us somehow got through our campus interviews.”

“Ya da.. I remember you got into IBM..”

“Ya..” Vigensh sipped his coffee as Anusha and Janavi intently listened to their conversation. “After college, I went to my hometown..”

“Kalladai Kurcuhi” Rajeev interrupted.

“Yep. As I enjoyed there, roaming around the city with my friend, I saw her” Vignesh looked at Janavi.

“When I first saw her, I was shocked. I just could not believe that Yamani was walking alive right in front of my eyes. I was too shocked to speak with her.”

Rajeev sat there trying to absorb every word of this conversation.

“I then searched for a week and found her name and address. I was about to call you when I found out that she was not Yamani, but her twin sister Janavi. The more I started following her the more I started liking her.”

Janavi blushed a little.

“She would stay indoors mostly and I had absolutely no chance of meeting her expect on the way to her college. One day it so happened that I entered her college in a rush of adrenaline. There was a major reshuffle in their classes as there had been some strike in that college some days back. I quickly went into her class pretending to be a student.”

Anusha could scarcely believe that. She didn’t know this. “So you stayed the whole day in the college?”

“No. I would be there for first 2 classes and then would come out by jumping the wall. I was in there for only a week before I gave the love letter to Janavi.”

Janavi started blushing a lot more. Anusha also felt a tinge of blush. I wish I had such a love story.. wished Anusha.

“Then suddenly Anusha called me that evening and everything happened so fast that I was in no control of the situation.”

“What happened?” questioned Rajeev ignorant of the incidents which followed later.

Anusha quickly filled him with all information regarding the failed love incident. Rajeev got shocked on hearing that.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” spoke Rajeev angrily to Vignesh.

Not one more time in my love life da.. thought Vignesh. “Illa machi, you were down and hurt. So I didn’t want to disturb you”

Rajeev just nodded his head. In that situation he had been he would not even have attended Vignesh’s call.

“How come you married so soon?” spoke Vignesh.

“My grandmother was unwell. My mother who knew about the whole story arranged for a life partner for me thinking that it would be good for me. She forced me to marry. But I still don’t know who told my mother all the incidents about Yamini.”

Vignesh felt a tint of guilt strike his heart. He had told Rajeev’s mother everything thinking that his mother’s love and affection would help get over his problem but he least expected it to result in his marriage.

As they all sat in the hall in silence, everybody felt destiny striking them in their face. They were all amazed to see how one person had brought all of them together.

“We are going to Kalladai kuruchi today..” Vignesh spoke breaking the silence that had enveloped the room.

Anusha turned towards Janavi and questioned “What about your job?”

Janavi just smiled at her. Anusha understood that it was a lie.

“She came here to give you the green diary and to see you. She realized you could have some problems after reading the diary. I got her number after she left from Chennai. So I took the next train to your place.” clarified Vignesh.

I wish my husband could do something like that..

Rajeev spoke up “What diary?”

“It’s Yamini’s diary” replied Anusha looking at the diary on the table.

“Get me that..” ordered Rajeev. Anusha gave him the diary.

“How did you get this?” Rajeev questioned Janavi.

“I was staying at my uncle’s place where Yamani had grown up and so I happened to read it one day”

Rajeev nodded his head and started reading through it. He was startled to see so many references about him. He quickly came to the last page.

“Tomorrow is my biggest day. Rajeev had apologized to me a week ago. I am not angry with him now will I ever be. I will be meeting him at the Spencer at 10am tomorrow. I have asked Vignesh to bring him there somehow so that we both can shock him. Rajeev is not a big part of my life.. HE IS MY LIFE.. I love him..

Rajeev saw a big heart symbol next to it. A tear fell from his eyes onto the diary. He had got his answers as to why Yamini loved him so much. Rajeev clutched the book close to his heart and closed his eyes.

Vignesh spoke up “Our train leaves at 7 pm”.

Rajeev hastily came back into reality, “That’s 6 hours from now..What will you tell your and Janavi’s parents?”

“I will handle them” Vignesh spoke confidently.

Quite brave.. thought Rajeev.

“Can I go to the station?” Anusha requested Rajeev.

“Yeah. I have to catch up with some sleep also.” Rajeev was still amazed to see Janavi. He felt as if he was sitting with Yamini.


Soon the three of them left to the station. After all the luggage had been loaded, Vignesh left the two sisters alone and went to get some bottles of water.

“Forgive me for everything..” Anusha cried as she hugged Janavi.

“Akka.. I knew you were jealous of me..” Anusha was shocked to hear this.

Janavi quickly continued.. “You are my first and only sister. I trust you more than anybody else. Your decisions have always been correct in my life. I will miss you so much akka..”

Vignesh came back clutching two bottles of Bisleri water and saw the sisters hugging and crying. Soon they all heard the train horn and Anusha quickly got down to the platform. A few minutes later she waved off to her sister and her husband’s best friend.


“Super food!!” exclaimed Rajeev. “More payasam for me..” he ordered to the cooks.

“Eat less.. You have become so fat..” spoke Anusha as she teased him for his growing waistline.

“Let sir eat everything he wishes madam” spoke the cook.

She is so beautiful in the silk saree.. thought Rajeev looking at his wife.

“Eat fast.. the marriage will be over by the time you eat” spoke Anusha’s mom sitting next to them. It was three months since Vignesh and Janavi left Rajeev’s home. After a lot of struggle they managed to convince their parents to agree for their marriage.

Rajeev and Anusha finished their breakfast as quickly as possible and headed to the marriage hall. They could see Vignesh and Janavi beautifully dressed, sitting in the marriage pedestal. A thick smoke emanating from the pooja kundali hung through the air.

Rajeev took some pictures from his digital camera. Needless to say, he took many pictures of his wife.

As the priest spoke the sacred verses.. Mangalyam thantunaena.. Vignesh tied the sacred thread around Janavi’s neck as everybody in the crowd showered them with flowers and blessings.

Then it was time for the family picture.

Rajeev stood next the groom and everyone in the family huddled together. As the photographer completed his shot everybody turned around to leave, when Rajeev whispered into Vignesh’s ears. “So what number is she?”

Vignesh was stunned! He is going to destroy my life again..

“Just kidding da.. Whatever is her number.. she is forever yours.. Take care of her..” Rajeev hugged Vignesh as he congratulated him. Vignesh smiled at him and thanked him.


It was dinner time and Rajeev and Anusha sat in a corner of the marriage hall talking with each other. Just then two kids came running up to them. Rajeev lifted the small girl while Anusha lifted the cute little boy.

“What is your name?” questioned Anusha looking at the boy.

“Ram..”

“And yours?” Rajeev looked at the girl.

“Anusha..”

Rajeev hugged the girl after hearing that name and looked at the small girl and spoke “You know what.. I loooooove Anusha a lot..”

Suddenly both the children wriggled out of Rajeev and Anusha’s hands and ran.

“Wait..” Anusha ran behind them.

Rajeev watched everything with amusement. About half an hour later, on not seeing Anusha anywhere, he called the small girl and asked her about his wife. The small girl pointed to the terrace. Rajeev climbed the stairs quickly to see his wife standing and watching the moon.

He gently hugged her from the back. He could hear her crying. He turned her around and looked into the teary eyes.

“You still love her right?”

Rajeev understood the problem. “I loved her before I saw you. If I had seen you I would have proposed to you directly..” Rajeev replied as he tried to hug Anusha.

“Don’t lie..” Anusha gently pushed him away.

“See.. love is not about our feelings.. That happens only in story books and movies. True love is when you find somebody who reciprocates your love.. I have found you and I truly love you..”

Anusha hugged her husband for she had found her true love and so had Rajeev. The moonlight shone brightly, blessing them for a happy married life.

________________________________________________________
"Do drop in your comments. Feedbacks are very much appreciated :)"

18 comments:

  1. Interesting dude . . . .very nice ...
    ~Arun

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out well buddy...cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dei... part 1 and 2 la... pala tamil padangaloda sayal theriyuthe.... but nalla twist koduthu iruka... part 3 and 4 seem pretty good.... kandipaa nalla padam edukalam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellam Subham! - Suchi

    ReplyDelete
  5. good one.. congrats..
    keep writing...
    all the best

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tarun n Arvinth, it is a lethal combination...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great story Arvinth, congratulations!
    Who is Tarun? He seems to be a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  9. normally i dont read show interest on reading stories, but this is the first time i had shown lot of interest. Keep writing more..wishu all the best...

    Regards
    Kumar

    ReplyDelete
  10. machi, excellent da!

    Regards,
    Rajkumar

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clear cut narration of the interesting story line, surprisingly with no negative role(s), served enough excitement to carry on reading until the end! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. As Harish said, first 2 parts had traces of tamil movies. Overall it was a gud one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you .. Rajkumar, Kumar,Josie and Manoj..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting story line. Its cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. machaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, awesome da!!! Ava number enna da? ;-)

    ReplyDelete